Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Eat

Have you ever had a voice in your head tell you what to do? Well, I have a little voice in my head that talks to me all the time. Some times I listen and some times I don't. Even though all the times that I do listen I am always happy I did... I still don't always listen to the little voice.

Well, I am not in Kansas anymore I am in a strange "country" with my 15 month old son with no family anywho...when I got off of work I realized that I needed to go to the store and get my son some milk. He drinks Soy Milk so I thought I'd try going to Sam's Club and stock up. So as I pulled into the parking lot at my son's school the little voice said, "Salethia, get your son and go home- have dinner first then go to Sam's Club. You know that he is always hungry when he gets home." Well, guys...do you think that I listened to that little voice? No way, I thought I'd rather just run up to Sam's club really quick and when I get home I can stay home. So off to Sam's club we went!

Everything was ok when we were in the front of Sam's Club but when we got to the back of the store, where the food was... all H-E- double hockey sticks broke out! My son saw food... And what did I hear "Eat--eat--eat-- over and over again. Then he started to sign it, as if he was thinking um Mommy do you not understand English? Perhaps sign language will help you understand. When I turned to look at some fruit he had grabbed a container of Kiwis and was trying to open it!!! My poor son was starving!! Being in the food section of the store was absolute torture!! Then I heard the little voice saying, nah, nah nah nah nah... I told you so but nooooo you didn't listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment